POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boreal WIP (272 KB) : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB)
From: lenx
Date: 27 Jul 2004 14:42:17
Message: <4106a209$1@news.povray.org>
Norbert Kern wrote:
> I want to finish this WIP, but how?
> Starting from an atmosphere test (thanks to Abe for the starting point), the
> scene quickly developed to an half-finished state.
> Recently Gilles Tran motivated me to start working on it again after showing
> an earlier version to him along the way.
> The rock and the dead mossy tree are still likely to be changed.
>
> Two questions:
> - The image seems to lack something - but what? I already added and deleted
> several animals, they didn't seem to fit.
> - Is the picture bright enough? I have three different LCD monitors, all
> with different Gamma. I want to collect other opinions.
>
> Eventually the final picture will be rendered in 3000+ pixels and will take
> at least six weeks on two computers.
>

> Norbert Kern

this is realy nice! but indeed, there is like something missing, hard to
describe. to me, the image seems rather flat. the trees are stunning but
they don't create enough dept. i thing you need more perspective in your
render. also the colors seem a little high contrasted. it's strong green
against strong blue, try adding some other colors in whatever way. good
image !