POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien architecture (99k jpeg) : Alien architecture (99k jpeg) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Alien architecture (99k jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 27 Jul 2004 13:55:16
Message: <4106965E.6090405@hotmail.com>
Hi everybody!

Here's an attempt at greebling with a modified crackle pattern. It's
meant to be viewed cross-eyed to bring out the depth. I could have used
higher focal-blur settings if I had the time :cD

The scene consists of a single height field, which was declared and
copied several times. One 2x2 area_light was used. The faked indirect
illumination is a proximity pattern based on the final object.

Total rendering time: about 20 minutes. Rendered completely in POV-Ray
3.6 (except for my signature, which was added with the Gimp).

Questions, comments and CC are appreciated as always!

-Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'alien_architecture.jpg' (99 KB)

Preview of image 'alien_architecture.jpg'
alien_architecture.jpg