POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mask WIP updated (25K) : Re: mask WIP updated (25K) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mask WIP updated (25K)
From: Hughes, B
Date: 27 Jul 2004 11:52:17
Message: <41067a31$1@news.povray.org>
Hey Jim, been admiring your masks. I have a difficult time seeing this as
wood and metal but I just like the appearance as being a bit mysterious
anyhow. That way I can imagine it being some sort of wood, stone, clay, or
metal.

I searched for such a mask and found, within two clicks on links, what looks
like the twin of yours here.

http://www.hamillgallery.com/BAMANA/BamanaMasks/BamanaMask14.html

The photo shows, what looks to me, like a dry, dusty wood with thin,
corroding metal (of unknown type) overlay. The wood and metal aren't
entirely distinguishable from each other except for the wood being lighter
in color, opposite of what you chose to do. Yours seems newer and oiled by
comparison. The modelling itself already looked right to me, even without
having seen the photo, but now it's even more obvious how well you recreated
the real thing.

BTW, makes me think of some kind of Roman helmet, so I found a photo of one
of those, too.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image4/9/95/98/57999598QUQzGF_ph.jpg

Bob H.