POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mask WIP updated (25K) : Re: mask WIP updated (25K) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mask WIP updated (25K)
From: Shay
Date: 27 Jul 2004 11:18:49
Message: <41067259@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

The ear looks improved, and the model as a whole is extremely tight.
Preferred the old background, though. I can with the new background
quite easily imagine an entire African scene with elephants waking
across a misty field. The old background wass less revealing, more "dark
continent", reminding me of some mysterious found object. From where had
it come? What was its purpose? An object without "background" from which
clues could only be obtained by study of the object itself.

The old texture appeared to be completely covered in tool marks. This
has been disastrously lost in this latest version. The scarring has been
diminished as well, and the "character" (parents always said, "it adds
character" when I was upset about scarring up one of my toys or shoes.)
given to the mask by the prominent scar on the nose has diminished along
with that scar.

  -Shay