POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radio Graves 2004 [200k] : Re: Radio Graves 2004 [200k] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radio Graves 2004 [200k]
From: Anonymous
Date: 27 Jul 2004 07:06:50
Message: <4106374a$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <sla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote

> I just can't seem to keep my hands off of my old scenes...
>
> Recently, I had a friend (photographer) mention that I should get some
> prints made of some of my scenes (the finished ones) and he was going to
> show them to a friend of his who has an art gallery.  At that point, I
would
> have a couple of them framed.  Worst case, I spend some money and have
more
> of my own art-work to hang around the house.  Best case, I make a little
> money.  Either way is acceptable to me.
>
> Anyway, I've never been completely happy with the lighting in the original
> Radio Graves, but I ran out of time when I submitted it to the IRTC, plus
> still had a lot to learn back then.  So, I changed a few textures
slightly,
> and turned the "sun" up.  I also realized that Gilles' grass (makegrass)
> looks a little better when "double illuminate" is used.  Additionally, I
> used the modified barn from a new picture that I'm working on.  I
purposely
> tried not to make any drastic changes.
>
> Here's the final, final version (for now)... ;-)

Looking very nice but is the shadowy are in front really necessary? I would
prefer to see more of the sky and less of the immediate foreground. Also,
the abrupt cutoff at the sides is a little distracting. IMHO, the overall
framing could be better. All greenery seems to be very similar in color. A
little more variation could help, I think. Finally, a uniform height fence
might look nicer. Of course I might be way out of my league here - I am
still in the reflective sphere on checkered plane stage myself.