POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radio Graves 2004 [200k] : Re: Radio Graves 2004 [200k] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radio Graves 2004 [200k]
From: gonzo
Date: 26 Jul 2004 22:50:35
Message: <4105c2fb@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> I just can't seem to keep my hands off of my old scenes...
>
> Recently, I had a friend (photographer) mention that I should get some
> prints made of some of my scenes (the finished ones) and he was going to
> show them to a friend of his who has an art gallery.  At that point, I would
> have a couple of them framed.  Worst case, I spend some money and have more
> of my own art-work to hang around the house.  Best case, I make a little
> money.  Either way is acceptable to me.
>
> Anyway, I've never been completely happy with the lighting in the original
> Radio Graves, but I ran out of time when I submitted it to the IRTC, plus I
> still had a lot to learn back then.  So, I changed a few textures slightly,
> and turned the "sun" up.  I also realized that Gilles' grass (makegrass)
> looks a little better when "double illuminate" is used.  Additionally, I
> used the modified barn from a new picture that I'm working on.  I purposely
> tried not to make any drastic changes.
>
> Here's the final, final version (for now)... ;-)

Better than ever!

I still find that fence line distracting, but less so with the brighter
sun. Now its only noticable on the right where the shadowed side is
facing the camera.

I'll have to look at the original again, but I think you've made a trade
off on the wood textures with the brighter sunlight.  The highlights on
the trim look much better, but the grain isn't as visible on some of the
flat areas.

RG