POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boreal WIP (272 KB) : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 26 Jul 2004 20:12:52
Message: <41059e04@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:41059acf@news.povray.org...

> "Jeremy M. Praay" <sla### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
>
> > Something seems funny, strange with the forest itself.  Should there
> be more
> > trees in the back at a lower elevation?  It seems like it.  In other
> words,
> > we're presumably looking over a hill.  I would expect some more
> distant
> > trees in the nearer distance.
>
>    If you look closely at the blue background, is there some forest
> there too? Very faint. I think so, (I hope).

Yes, I think those are trees.

My point was that as the eye wanders down the hill that "we" are on, the
trees seem to stop abruptly.  I guess that side of the hill could have been
logged recently (or there could be a cliff, etc.), but it seems strange to
me as I look at it.  "Distant trees in the nearer distance" isn't very good
verbage, but that's what I was getting at.

Nevertheless, that's just my opinion.  It's a great picture.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com