POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Office finished (191KB) : Re: Office finished (191KB) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Office finished (191KB)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Jul 2004 03:49:54
Message: <4104b7a2@news.povray.org>
D-fence wrote:
> As I see that you take the time to answer to many people here, I was
> wondering if you could take some time to teach your knowledge ?

   Of course!

> like to know how you work :
>         - do you use the GNU/Linux version of POV with a bunch of scripts or the
> Windows version ?

   I use the Linux version, usually just from an xterm. The only script
I use is to shorten the name, so I can type "pov scene". I use
WindowMaker as graphic window manager, ROX filer as file manager and
gvim as text editor. My usual work flow is to open a ROX window with the
scene folder, double click on the scene, type into gvim, then use
alt-tab to change to xterm where I type the command line or use the
upper arrow to recover last call. For me it's a very simple but fast
work cycle.

>         - do you create each object of a scene separately ?

   Hmmm... not as often as I must... I mostly use partial rendering to
model the object "in place", but I can hardly recommend it over the
separate scene, which is a much more serious approach.

>         - do you make a lot of render or do you work "blinded" ?

   Can I say "both"? :) Although I get what I expected most of the
times, I still need to do a lot of test renders.

   Thanks for compliments, Christophe.

--
Jaime