POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert WIP, First concept rendering : Re: Desert WIP, First concept rendering Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert WIP, First concept rendering
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 25 Jul 2004 23:06:19
Message: <4104752b@news.povray.org>
Skip Talbot wrote:

> Yes, those additions would improve the image.
>
> How about more of a gradient in the sky, it looks just a little too blue.
> Maybe a dark blue on the top and more of a greyish light blue on the bottom?
> I know media atmospheres are quite hard to control.  I'm having the same
> problem right now with my desert scene.  I think I can away with using a
> ground fog though.
>
> In addition to rocks and vegetation, the actual ground texture itself is
> going to need some more detail.  What are you using right now, a plane with
> a normal?  How about an isosurface with some noise/turbulence on it, or at
> least another smaller normal on the plane?

Believe it or not... it IS an isosurface! This is one of the things I am
having difficulty with... I want some flatness in the foreground, but
some relief to it as well, But I can't figure out how to get the desired
  effect.

I want something like ripples in the sand... Like the attached image...

> Skip

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'desert sand.jpg' (18 KB)