POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert WIP, First concept rendering : Re: Desert WIP, First concept rendering Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert WIP, First concept rendering
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 25 Jul 2004 22:54:18
Message: <4104725a$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, those additions would improve the image.

How about more of a gradient in the sky, it looks just a little too blue.
Maybe a dark blue on the top and more of a greyish light blue on the bottom?
I know media atmospheres are quite hard to control.  I'm having the same
problem right now with my desert scene.  I think I can away with using a
ground fog though.

In addition to rocks and vegetation, the actual ground texture itself is
going to need some more detail.  What are you using right now, a plane with
a normal?  How about an isosurface with some noise/turbulence on it, or at
least another smaller normal on the plane?

Skip