POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert WIP, First concept rendering : Re: Desert WIP, First concept rendering Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert WIP, First concept rendering
From: Jim Charter
Date: 25 Jul 2004 22:39:29
Message: <41046ee1$1@news.povray.org>
Michael Raiford wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> I need some rocks, some sparse vegetation, and some vertibrae possibly
> ribs...
>
> The mountains bother me a bit. Though the media is giving the desired
> haze effect.... Maybe after I get the proper texture on the mountains.
>
> Comments, suggestions ... criticism?

Coming along nicely.  More scrub as you say.  It would be a very unusual
topography, would it not, that would be so sandy and so flat at the same
time?  If sand, then drifts.  If flat, then more clay than sand. Or salt
lake?  I could be wrong.  Anyway I would buy the flat idea,in general,
if there was some slight vegetation.  Of course it goes without saying
that you need more texture to carry the foreground.  Would like to see
some good texture work on the skull especially.  Don't forget you can
save your Wings mesh with different texture assigments, say for the
horns, and they will show up in your mesh2 texture list.  Then you can
manually texture them to get differing effects.

Also the composition is a bit odd with the skull being so dead center
yet relatively small.  Not sure if it's good or bad, but noticeble.
Like the way tourists frame shots.