POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shroud of turin : Re: shroud of turin Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shroud of turin
From: Matt Burns
Date: 25 Jul 2004 16:30:05
Message: <4104184d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Anytime the issue of shroud of Turin is raised, people always discuss the
matter that if it was an artifact, then the maker would have to be a genius.
I always have an  unpleasant suspicion, that hundreds of years after
crucifiction, some people inpired by the Bible tried to re-enact the
Passion, and... ritually murdered a man, than preserved "the sacred shroud"
with the impression of his body. Dating with C14 leaves no doubts as to the
authenticity of the alleged shroud, however no pre-Renaissance painter would
be able to do it so accurately. Unfortunaly we do not know, and will never
do, the name of this poor soul.

Using HF to produce a rough 3D outline of the body wrapped in the shroud was
the first forensic CG application, known to me. Nice picture anyways.

Matt B.

Uzytkownik "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> napisal w wiadomosci