POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] : Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 25 Jul 2004 14:52:08
Message: <41040158@news.povray.org>
"SomeOne" <ask### [at] yahoocouknospam> wrote in message
> Are there no windows in the rest stop?

Oddly enough, no. Aren't any windows besides that front door area as seen
from the parking lot on this side. On the opposite side is another glass
doorway but it is on the walkway going into an extended portion of the
building which is basically the restrooms. I'm trying to remember how it
looks from the freeway and I don't recall any windows on that end. It is
rather lacking in windowed area.

> Nicely done. Reminds me of a greek temple.

The style is typical of the Old South, plantations with columns and porches,
kind of thing. The entrance steps should be farther out since that part
comes out more than the perimeter, elevated walkway. Also needs planters
between the steps for flowers.

Bob H.