POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Progressive refinement patch : Re: Progressive refinement patch Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:35:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progressive refinement patch
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 25 Jul 2004 11:54:10
Message: <4103d7a1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Wolfgang Wieser wrote:
>> In short: What would you suggest that I should do?
>> (In the next 2 weeks.)
>
> If you want to do your best to ensure the patch is integrated into
> MegaPOV 1.2 you should:
>
> - make it compatible to POV-Ray 3.6

Of course.

> - write the platform specific parts for the other platforms (or get some
> other people to do this)

Okay, so in case somebody who is reading this would like to volunteer
to write the platform specific part for this patch for Windows and/or
Mac (effectively it's catching some mouse cursor press and motion
events - should be pretty simple), then please contact me. :)

> - document it well

What is the preferred way for the documentation?

> - do test renders to check for possible problems

The patch is actually fairly well-tested for 3.5.

> Not sure if this is all doable in 2 weeks of course.

I will have a working patch in 2 weeks. This is sure.
I'll try to make it as easy as possible to integrate it (as long as
the caused overhead is in acceptable relation to my time
constraints).

Wolfgang