POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] : Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rest stop information center lighting WIP [~36K jpg]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Jul 2004 03:04:28
Message: <41035b7c$1@news.povray.org>
"Hughes, B." <bob### [at] charternet> schreef in bericht
> Here's a current rendering I'm trying of an interstate rest stop, or more
> precisely its information center building, as seen at night. There is a
real
> one similar to this, although I'm only putting this together from memory;
> several night time visits while on the road. Not a particularly fancy
> building, but it has that "Render me in POV" thing about it when lit by
its
> lights. Probably because of the white columns, roof trim and steps; also
the
> brick walls which I still need to vary the colors in. Also needs a lot of
> trees around it, there are plenty there.

Immediately appealing! It needs very little else I think, because the
building and the lighting embodies fully a dreamlike quality, or the strong
internal wish for coffee. It comes up like a kind of fata morgana out of the
highway desert. "stop here and rest, stranger" it seems to say.
Oh well...
the lighting is very good. The brickwork seems interesting, but the image is
little bit too small to see details. Perhaps some more variation in the hues
of the bricks? I think there is, though...

Thomas