POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A stone in clouds - 1 attachment : Re: A stone in clouds - 1 attachment Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A stone in clouds - 1 attachment
From: jdreyfu
Date: 25 Jul 2004 02:09:27
Message: <41034e97@news.povray.org>

news:4102bb79$1@news.povray.org...

> Looks very nice. Especially the stars in the background look good. What
makes
> the cloud with the rock light up?

The background is made of 3 layers, a gradient sky_sphere, stars from
stars.inc whit some modification to let see te sky_sphere behind, then a
layer of clouds (hollow sphere with bozo pattern).
The cloud under the stone is an emitting scale sphere and the stone is an
isosurface whit reflection.

This group bring me a lot of help to found the texture of the stone and the
way to do an emitting cloud. Thank you for the good stuff all of you post
here.

I post the source today, my english is not enough good to give a good
description of it.