POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mask WIP [24 K] : Re: mask WIP [24 K] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mask WIP [24 K]
From: Shay
Date: 20 Jul 2004 11:07:52
Message: <40fd3548$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Modelling and texturing study.  Usual drill, Wings mesh, procedural
> textures.
> The mask actually has more parts to be added. Some metal hammered on the
> front.  It is of Western Sahara design.  Bamana.  I think I need to vary
> the finish somehow.

My mother and step-father collect these (only fakes). Their bedroom is
done in a safari theme. Elephants painted on the walls, African masks
and art, electric torches, etc.. This woman is up for a (National
Association of Home Builders) Prism award, and this is how she decorates
her bedroom. Your quiet render looks so mysterious and interesting (as
opposed to tacky) in comparison.

The mask material looks excellent to me. That is the same weird material
I run into occasionally that even on close inspection can only *just* be
identified as "some kind of wood". Maybe the finish is correct, but the
light source is too bright in relation to whatever "global" light is
present??? I've never seen one of these under a spotlight.

The model looks off to me where the ear attachers to the head. Is the
ear nailed on or carved into the mask?

  -Shay