POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hustle & bustle -- more blocks and lines (*Warning* 400k) : Re: hustle & bustle -- more blocks and lines (*Warning* 400k) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hustle & bustle -- more blocks and lines (*Warning* 400k)
From: Shay
Date: 20 Jul 2004 10:52:27
Message: <40fd31ab@news.povray.org>
Roberto Amorim wrote:

> Fantastic. Do you plan on making some "fake 2D" tutorials with your
> techniques? Look forward to it.

Thank you very much. There wouldn't be much to put into a tutorial.
Basically, this is just an SDL created mesh with finish { ambient 1 }
and cylinder outlines.

To color the mesh and cylinders, I create a pallet image with each of a
selection of colors labeled with its RGB components. I print the pallet
render to see how the colors will look in ink. When I've got the colors
I want, I then create an array of these pallet entries and color parts
for the mesh with pigment { rgb Pallet[0] }. I have attached an example
of a "pallet render" to clarify.

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: