POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dry lake topography (LOTW related) : Re: Dry lake topography (LOTW related) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dry lake topography (LOTW related)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jul 2004 03:21:00
Message: <40fcc7dc@news.povray.org>
"Wolfgang Wieser" <wwi### [at] nospamgmxde> schreef in bericht
> Okay with all these LOTW projects, seems it now starts getting me, too...

Yep! Another adict!!
Excellent work.

> I've been playing a bit to model the crackle surface of a dry lake as
> seen on a photo of the Aral see. The structure seems nice but there
> is not yet any good texture for the surface details. And the vertical
> part of the large crackles still needs some work.

lake sediments are very finely laminated (e.g. light/dark grey). The
challenge would be to make them curve upwards with the flakes that make up
the cracks. I don't know how to do this however... But, a finely laminate
texture would already be very good.

Thomas