POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Lego bricks : Re: Lego bricks Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego bricks
From: Gary Blessing
Date: 18 Jul 2004 20:42:58
Message: <40fb1912@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> "Gary Blessing" <ble### [at] icefognet> wrote en el message
> > Hi!
> > if your doing this just to make the pieces, more power to you!
> > but if your doing it to build Lego models in pov-ray you might want to
> look
> > here:
> > http://www.antonraves.com/lego.html
> >
> > I found that a while back during a foray into the online lego
> > community(www.lugnet.com).
> >

> > Gary
> > --
> > Gary Blessing

> > Have Laptop, Will Travel.
> >

> I know LUGNET. I discovered POV-Ray there!

So did I!

> There is an LDRAW to POV-Ray converter called L3P (update to L2P). I think
> the images in www.antonraves.com are rendered with POV-Ray using L3P (I
> think)

No, the lego pieces at www.antonraves.com  are modeled completely in pov,
there is another project
with the name lgeo besides Antons that is used with L3P.

> I'm trying to make the LEGO pieces in POV-Ray because the ones made by L3P
> are basically made of triangles (and because I didn't know what else to do
> in POV).
I started with l2p and pov 3.0, and I couldn't do anything else with pov.
one day I decided that I wanted my models to apear as if they were in a real
world, so I found a way to do other thigs in pov.

Have fun!

Gary