POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert WIP 2 : Re: Desert WIP 2 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert WIP 2
From: Tek
Date: 18 Jul 2004 14:29:47
Message: <40fac19b@news.povray.org>
Well it's based on the metaphor of life timers, so there has to be very little
left in the top part because it's symbolic of this man being very close to
death. When the last grain of sand runs out he's out of time. I'm pretty sure
this concept of life-timers has some mythological routes, though personally I
took it from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels ;)

His cause of death is meant to be dehydration in the desert, not the fact that
he's inside an hourglass (because he isn't, it's just a metaphor).

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com