POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Voting? : Re: Voting? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:56:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voting?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 18 Jul 2004 12:29:22
Message: <40faa562$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy wrote:
> Hi,
> As this is the first time I have entered an IRTC I am at a loss as how
> to vote. What is the procedure and does anyone have a method?
> Well I'll find out the method when voting opens I suppose but how do
> you old pro's go about it?

Step 1: Register

http://www.irtc.org/register.html

There's a web page on the IRTC website for this. Use the email
address you've used in the text file with your entry, and pick a
password. You'll receive a confirmation email. Send it back.
You'll receive another, final confirmation. Now you're free to
vote for the round you're participating.

Step 2: Log in and assign points for the different videos/pictures.

You'll have to wait for the web page to update. Usually, it's
below the "News" headline in the main table, like it's for the
stills contest right now.

NB: you can't vote on your own entry.

Alternatively, there's a windows program maintained that allows
for offline viewing and voting and will generate a
machine-readable email for you.

Hope this helps?
-Markus