POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dry lake topography (LOTW related) : Dry lake topography (LOTW related) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Dry lake topography (LOTW related)
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 18 Jul 2004 12:07:13
Message: <40faa030@news.povray.org>
Okay with all these LOTW projects, seems it now starts getting me, too...

I've been playing a bit to model the crackle surface of a dry lake as
seen on a photo of the Aral see. The structure seems nice but there
is not yet any good texture for the surface details. And the vertical
part of the large crackles still needs some work.

http://www.cip.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~wwieser/tmp/topography.html

The POV SDL "source" code is available there, too.
If somebody tries out and finds a nice texture, please let me know.

Wolfgang