POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert WIP 2 : Re: Desert WIP 2 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert WIP 2
From: Tek
Date: 17 Jul 2004 22:28:04
Message: <40f9e034$1@news.povray.org>
"gonzo" <rgo### [at] lansetcom> wrote in message news:40f9d801@news.povray.org...
> Good job on the falling sand texture. I tried that once in an image and
> never did get it the way I wanted.

Thanks. Though it's completely by luck! I just tried "improving" it and after
about an hour I gave up and went back to this version!

> Looks really good. The guy's skin texture looks too shiney IMO, like
> plastic.  Maybe less specular.

It's certainly not realistic. Though I've always kind of liked the shiny
stylised sort of skin, as a reasonable substitute for making it look real.
Though nothing else in the image is stylised so I guess I should see if I can
get something more realistic without needing to go all the way to sub-surface
scattering.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com