POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Punk tux - more fun with penguins...(WIP) : Re: Punk tux - more fun with penguins...(WIP) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Punk tux - more fun with penguins...(WIP)
From: Ian Gilmour
Date: 14 Jul 2004 19:00:59
Message: <40f5bb2b@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the tips folks.

I checked out Colefax's hair mesh, but it looked a bit too realistic for the
toony effect I was after
(excellent site by the way). And your right this isn't a mesh (see other
penguin posts to p.b.i).

In the end I've gone for a quiff (sp?) effect using a simple sphere sweep.

What do you think?

I also took on board the idea someone had for a tattoo - though I'm not 100%
happy with it yet
(it does look better than this at higher resolutions). Any pointers on how
to change a b&w image into a
tattoo much appreciated?

[And thanks to Larry Ewing for the original Tux used on the tattoo - with a
bit of massaging in the Gimp
to form the happy couple].

cheers,

Ian

"Skip Talbot" <sta### [at] uiucedu> wrote in message
> Sounds like a good canidate for the Colefax mesh compression and hair
macro.
> I have a feeling that this isn't a mesh though.
>
> Skip

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'punk_tux2.jpg' (58 KB)