POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quadratic Julibrot slice (~100 KB) : Quadratic Julibrot slice (~100 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:32:51 EDT (-0400)
  Quadratic Julibrot slice (~100 KB)
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 10 Jul 2004 14:48:36
Message: <40f03a04@news.povray.org>
Some of you may remember a while back (not sure exactly how long) I
posted a 3D slice of the quadratic Julibrot.

It probably wasn't terribly clear exactly what is *was*... so here it is
again, with a bit cut off.

It took a little over 8 ours to render - 22K tokens. It's just a single
isosurface; I used macros to create the formula for the 7th iteration of
the quadratic mapping - a polynomial whos highest power is about 256. I
have no idea how many terms it has - I'm guessing "lots".

I've included the statistics from the render. Notice the max_gradiant
warning... yeah, I *want* it to go slower still! :-S

Andrew @ home.

PS. I got another similar render going now... not sure when I'll be able
to post.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'quadratic-julibrot-11-final.jpg' (86 KB) Download 'us-ascii' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'quadratic-julibrot-11-final.jpg'
quadratic-julibrot-11-final.jpg