POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Focal blur experiment (~45k) : Re: Focal blur experiment (~45k) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur experiment (~45k)
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 9 Jul 2004 04:33:39
Message: <40ee5863$1@news.povray.org>
> It's funny that
> rendering this with focal blur on my new box is roughly 2 or 3 times
> faster than just rendering normally on my old box, but I guess dual
> Opterons and a Gig of RAM will do that :P

If you're using the standard POV-Ray build, I think you'll find that
only 1 processor is actually doing any work...

(Well, *actually*, only 1 processor is doing the rendering; I'm sure the
other one is handling stuff like updating the display and powering the
GUI, etc.)

Also, I would imagine for this particular thing, it didn't use an aweful
lot of RAM...

(...on the other hand, it reports a peak memory usage of roughly 290 MB,
so what would I know?)

Andrew @ home.