POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Contemplation, take 2 : Re: WIP Contemplation, take 2 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Contemplation, take 2
From: Shay
Date: 8 Jul 2004 14:43:50
Message: <40ed95e6$1@news.povray.org>
Veijo Vilva wrote:

The composition of this one is very exciting. The row of gold boxes
outlining the windows and pictures especially. There is a great deal of
energy created as a viewer's mind fights between the perfectly
symmetrical 2D shape and textures of the windows and surrounding walls
and the contrasting asymmetrical, virtual, 3D shapes of the spaces on
either side of the windows.

This illusion is present on the top as well. The diagonal lines of the
dropped ceiling show clearly that the picture is centered, but the
varying volumes of the dropped ceilings attempt to deceive.

For me, the whole thing falls apart below the floor line. The strong
horizontal, vertical, and diagonal lines disappear, leaving the floor
looking empty, and the electric, illusory surrealism of the composition
  and your familiar yet alien musical instruments is IMO stomped to
death by the more mundane surrealism of the floating game board.

HOW DID THE SHOW TURN OUT!?? You mentioned that it was coming up at
p.o-t, but I never saw any report of how your images were received by
the public.

  -Shay