POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : checkered sphere on a chrome plane : checkered sphere on a chrome plane Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  checkered sphere on a chrome plane
From: SomeOne
Date: 8 Jul 2004 14:02:30
Message: <40ed8c36@news.povray.org>
I thought I'd try something different as an exercise. I want to create a
chechered sphere.
Trying to make a sphere with a checkered pigment won't give nice results. So I
thought I'd try my hand a "image_map"ing. I created an image_map (see attached
checker.png) and created a sphere with an image_map like this:

sphere{
 0,1
 pigment {
      image_map {png "checker.png"}
      scale 0.2
  }
}

What I don't get is how to make the image map wrap the entire sphere nicely.
I'd be interested to hear how you pro's do this.

M.E.J.R.Hendrix
a s o e
u t r n
r e i s
i r e
c   n

Attachments:
Download 'checker.png' (3 KB) Download 'checkered sphere.png' (81 KB)

Preview of image 'checker.png'
checker.png

Preview of image 'checkered sphere.png'
checkered sphere.png