POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Untitled WIP [Running] : Re: Untitled WIP [Running] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:00:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Untitled WIP [Running]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 7 Jul 2004 14:38:05
Message: <40ec430d@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message

>    If you want it to look good at high res, you will end surely building
> it boar-by-board... :) Anyhow you could try to simulate the different
> boards with a texture_map using different instances of the current
> texture and a suitable pattern.

Thanks for the input!  I just got back from vacation, so I'm just now
catching up.

Hmmm... Building things board by board gets time consuming, and then
difference operations kill rendering time.  It's something that I'll think
about, and perhaps experiment a little.  I've always wanted to build a
detailed old barn, but I wasn't planning to do that for this picture.

I think I see what you're saying about the texture map.  I'll have to see
how that looks.

>    BTW, the image is really well composed, and very convincing if you
> don't look to the most foreground bean rows. Also, I somehow expect to
> have more distant hills at the left...

I need to work a little more on the bean textures, and I definitely need to
make the "dirt" look real.  Right now it's just a flat pigment.  Textures,
textures, textures...  Textures bog me down, but I believe they are what
separates a good image from a bad image most of the time.

Something needs to happen on the left.  I haven't decided what needs to be
there, exactly.  I'm not sure I like the hills on the right either.  I think
I'm going to make flatter hills with more "stuff" being farmed in the
distance.  I just hope I find the time to finish.  ;-)

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com