POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fisrt Post ... second one : Re: Fisrt Post ... second one Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fisrt Post ... second one
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 7 Jul 2004 05:27:24
Message: <40ebc1fc$1@news.povray.org>
Nice image! Welcome to the group!

In my opinion, focal blur isn't too slow. Fair settings (I usually go below
100 samples) is actually not slower than good anti-alias. But it's always a
good idea to speed optimise all elements of a scene. Maybe you've used CSG
"difference" to cut the holes in the floor? That can easily be very slow.
There are workarounds for it, but too difficult for me to describe right
now.

Regards,
Hugo