POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Milk again : Re: Milk again Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Milk again
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Jul 2004 12:15:02
Message: <40ead006$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
> the milk itself looks a lot better. the reflections on the glass are pretty
> distracting though. i would do something like reflection {0.05, 0.2} or
> less. what are these settings?

yeah, I think I have it at 0.1,1.0. I'm running another render at the
moment, with a changed floor and wall texture. I might try your
suggestion on the reflection, though... The image takes a day and a half
to render becuase of the media.

I have to wonder if POVRay used the photon mapping technique described
by the site linked to by a reply to my previous post, if there would be
a significant speedup.