POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : shoes on the patio : Re: shoes on the patio Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: shoes on the patio
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Jul 2004 05:33:38
Message: <40e7cef2$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Using Jaime's new pseudo hdri #includes pretty much out of the box.
> His image: sm_jvp_patio-2.jpg provides the background

   Hmmm... this technique gives better results with very reflective
textures. I think your shoes are more suited for a clasical setup with
area lights and moderate rad settings. You can also use a mixed setup,
creating the spherical map from a scene where you know the lights
placement (I've not tried this yet...).

--
Jaime