POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : No, I actually *don't* know how I made the chin to that.... : Re: No, I actually *don't* know how I made the chin to that.... Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No, I actually *don't* know how I made the chin to that....
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jul 2004 03:55:49
Message: <40e7b805$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> but for organic shapes Beziers, splines, and subdivision
> surfaces deliver much better results for the same
> investment of time.

I agree. However, these kind of objects need to be made with a modeler
external to POV-Ray. (Don't they?) When the object is modeled outside of
POV-Ray, can the animation of the objects still be controlled completely
from inside of POV-Ray?

Let's say for example that Greg want to make an army of men who all have
slighty randomized walk cycles. With his current character I think he
can do that automatically simply with a while loop because everything is
controlled completely from inside POV-Ray. How would he go about that
with a mesh-based character? If this has been made possible by now, I'd
be very interested in hearing more about it.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Apr 27**