POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Golden Nuts 'n Bolts : Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 3 Jul 2004 11:04:14
Message: <40e6caee$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:
> The idea to make a "Nuts and Bolts" scene came from Tek. I used the same
> settings as before (the Parfum Flacon post). Well, maybe the metal is
> actually too shiny. I don't know. I also don't know if this is supposed to
> be copper or gold. What do you think? I think the bolts look quite "melted"
> too, but that might have to do with the modelling rather than the
> material... Btw, they are modelled in Wings3d... Comments, suggestions?

   That's one of the most "AWESOME ROLEXS" I've seen to the date... :o

   I don't think the shiny finish is excessive. Perhaps not very usual
for bolts, but I've seen metal finishes like this one. Indeed, your
Wings3D skills are really good. Nothing to critize except perhaps the
floor not being as realistic as the bolts, although it's very good anyhow.

--
Jaime