POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Golden Nuts 'n Bolts : Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts
From: Tek
Date: 3 Jul 2004 04:20:24
Message: <40e66c48$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, I'm increasing my score. That's gotta be a 9.5 for that material. At
least. I've seen things that look like that! Are those imperfections in the
model or in the material? They really make it look convincing.

Though I'm surpised it looks that good on these objects, since it's obviously
not the kind of metal they'd usually be made from. Still, it's enough for me to
judge that is looks right.

I'm not sure what to suggest to improve it. It looks a bit shiny and smooth,
which usually makes things look less realistic, but then there are metals that
really look like that and if you less smooth then you'll make it look like a
different material. So I guess my only suggestion would be to do several
different materials based on this, so you could make a red/orange version for
copper, a brown one for brass, etc.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com