POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Texture map not handling finishes properly? : Texture map not handling finishes properly? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Texture map not handling finishes properly?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 2 Jul 2004 22:36:16
Message: <40e61ba0@news.povray.org>
I have a character where the head gets a "skintext" skin texture.  The neck
gets a gradient y pattern, which is supposed to demarcate between a black
ring at the bottom (end of costume) and the start of the exposed flesh.

Note how the finish is "wrong" over the exposed neck.

Am I doing something wrong or this this a problem?

// relevant code pasted

#declare masktext=texture{pigment {rgb 0.1} finish {phong 2}}

#declare skintext= texture{
                        pigment{skinpig}
                        finish{ambient skin_amb  diffuse 0.69  specular 0.1
roughness 0.5  phong 0.1 phong_size 7 metallic 1 }
                        normal{granite 0.07 scale 0.1}
                                }

#declare necktext=texture{
        gradient y