POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Golden Nuts 'n Bolts : Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 2 Jul 2004 22:33:44
Message: <40e61b08$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The idea to make a "Nuts and Bolts" scene came from Tek. I used the same
> settings as before (the Parfum Flacon post). Well, maybe the metal is
> actually too shiny. I don't know. I also don't know if this is supposed to
> be copper or gold. What do you think? I think the bolts look quite "melted"
> too, but that might have to do with the modelling rather than the
> material... Btw, they are modelled in Wings3d... Comments, suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
> Hugo

Wow, very realistic :)

I'd probably suggest somehow softening the reflection a bit on the
meatal, though. But, still, they are nice in their own right. It seems
like Jamie's (www.ignorancia.org) nust&bolts had a softer texture, IIRC
he used a micronormal to acheive the desired effect.  But, if shiny is
what you're going for, then these are perfect!