POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Golden Nuts 'n Bolts : Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Golden Nuts 'n Bolts
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 2 Jul 2004 19:19:33
Message: <40e5ed85$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The idea to make a "Nuts and Bolts" scene came from Tek. I used the same
> settings as before (the Parfum Flacon post). Well, maybe the metal is
> actually too shiny. I don't know. I also don't know if this is supposed to
> be copper or gold. What do you think? I think the bolts look quite "melted"
> too, but that might have to do with the modelling rather than the
> material... Btw, they are modelled in Wings3d... Comments, suggestions?

The bolts (screws?) do look a bit melted, but I don't know if modeling
or a normal is at fault for that.

The metal looks a little like brass plating or something (although it's
a little bright/pale for brass). I wouldn't say they're necessarily
*too* shiny. Reflections look good.

If you're going for photorealism here, you'll want a more realistic
surface for them to rest on.

-Xplo