POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scattering Beverages: Milk? : Re: Scattering Beverages: Milk? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering Beverages: Milk?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 2 Jul 2004 12:33:26
Message: <40e58e56$1@news.povray.org>
Josh wrote:

> Good.
>
> I think it needs a higher definition area light and perhaps another light
> source to give it that "real" edge.

it does. But, with media it seems like area lights slow rendering down
quite a log. I tried Jitter as others have suggested, and wasn't pleased
with the results.

I'm running another render, this time with some more scenery, I've
adjusted the lighting slightly. One significant change was doubling the
dimensions of the area light 4x4 samples, now.

And it's taking it's sweet time to render.