POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spacescape (160kbu) : Re: Spacescape (160kbu) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spacescape (160kbu)
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 2 Jul 2004 03:23:54
Message: <40e50d8a@news.povray.org>

40e3199c@news.povray.org...
> No landscape to offer (my swamp is rerendering at the moment),
> but this turned out fairly nice, so I thought I'd share it.
>
> Uses Chris Colefax's galaxy include, maps of neptune and jupiter
> and a lot of media.
>
> Comments? Suggestions for improvement?
>
> Gail
> --

Wery nice image!!!
I waited till I put the finger on what annoys me.
As some of us, asteroid belt is not what I prefer in your image.
There is not enough perspective in it, I think it is because your rocks are
way too big, they show very big even in the remote side of the ring.
Maybe you could try smaller pebbles and get camera closer to the ring. It'd
give a better sense of depth and large dimensions
BTW did you see Cassini's pics of Saturn rings?
http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/latest/index.cfm

Marc