POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fountain : Re: Fountain Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fountain
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 1 Jul 2004 17:57:41
Message: <40e488d5@news.povray.org>
> The latest render of my Fountain.

I like the design very much. The size and thickness of all elements fit well
together and pleases the eye. I haven't seen a fountain like that before.
Are you modelling from a reference or is it free fantasy? The only sad thing
about this image is the time for tracing: almost 16 hours you say! When you
say "trace" are you referring to rendering-time or do you mean parsing
(setting up the water particles)? In any case I think it's too much. Maybe
it can be optimised. It could be worth the extra effort. It's much easier to
continue with the next step - to play with textures and lighting - when your
model renders quickly.

Regards,
Hugo