POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Untitled WIP [Running] : Re: Untitled WIP [Running] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:02:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Untitled WIP [Running]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 1 Jul 2004 08:32:57
Message: <40e40479$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message
> Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Looks just like Texas except for the little hill. The best part of the
> picture is the Y-intersection. It changes the image from "two people
> running on a road full of farmhouses" to "two people running past a
> crossroads, a (relatively) busy part of some rural county, beyond which
> may lie nothing but miles and miles of nothing but budding crops."
>
> The chimney screams CSG, but I'm sure that's on your list.

Texas? Michigan!  ;-)

I'm not real happy with the hill, it may stay or go, or change a lot.  I
have a mental list of changes.  The barn and house textures may not look bad
from this distance, but they need more detail (and maybe a foundation?).
I'm not sure how much detail I'll do other than "more".  I might use my
brick macro for the chimney, but that might be overkill (not that I
generally care about overkill).  And, I might cover some things up with
bushes (they're handy that way).

Unfortunately, all of the grass, beans, and trees suck up a ton of RAM.
Peak memory use (including the OS) goes past 1 GB.  I'm glad a I have a gig
now.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com