POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parfum Flacon WIP : Re: Parfum Flacon WIP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:06:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parfum Flacon WIP
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 1 Jul 2004 04:07:10
Message: <40e3c62e@news.povray.org>
Hi Ross,

Thanks for rating my image so high.  :-)  The material consists of 2
textures, one which simulates metal and one which simulates dirt:

Texture 1 (metal):
   Plain yellow color, almost zero diffuse.
   Highly reflective; does not use variable reflection.
   Has a bump map to simulate "brushed metal" (I'm not sure how successful
that is yet)

Texture 2 (dirt):
   Plain white color, with slightly higher diffuse value than texture 1.
   Less reflective and uses variable reflection.
   Has no maps.

The two textures are then combined with a texture map, that tells where the
dirt is located, and how dirty it is.

> are the specular highlights caused by light or by a very
> bright white object?

It's a combination because I'm experimenting a little. But I think it's most
valid to say the specular highlights come from 2 bright objects, one to the
left and one behind (and above) the bottle.

Regards,
Hugo