POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parfum Flacon WIP : Re: Parfum Flacon WIP Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:58:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parfum Flacon WIP
From: Tek
Date: 1 Jul 2004 03:00:47
Message: <40e3b69f$1@news.povray.org>
The metal looks really good, though I'm not sure that's the same as being
realistic. Real metal often looks quite unremarkable and boring, which yours
certainly isn't!

I'd give it an 8 compared to the best renders and photos I've seen of metal, but
I think I might increase that score if you render it on a more familiar object
so I can judge more fairly (one thinks of Jaime Vives Piqueres' nuts & bolts as
a good example of a mundane object showing off a really good metal texture).

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com