POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Project : Re: New Project Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:58:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Project
From: SomeOne
Date: 30 Jun 2004 06:32:30
Message: <40e296be@news.povray.org>
"Josh" <som### [at] microsoftcom> schreef in bericht

| > Anyway as usual your comments are highly appreciated.
|
| You asked for it!
|
| You need to expose more tree trunk.  As it is, the image does not give the
| impression that the tree is sitting ON the cloud, its more like the cloud is
| enveloping then tree.
|
| The roots could be improved by adding  smaller roots, at the moment the
| roots end too abruptly.

Thanks.

The fact that you don't see the tree trunk is (i think) due to the low camera
position (it is below the cloud). I tried adding smaller roots. The problem is
that from a distance it then looks as if the roots have leaves on them.

I moved the camera up a bit (see image 1). Image 2 shows what happens if I add
smaller roots (I also lengthend the trunk a bit). Hmm.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'AirCastle2.jpg' (14 KB) Download 'AirCastle1.jpg' (13 KB)

Preview of image 'AirCastle2.jpg'
AirCastle2.jpg

Preview of image 'AirCastle1.jpg'
AirCastle1.jpg