POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Project : New Project Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:07:38 EDT (-0400)
  New Project
From: SomeOne
Date: 29 Jun 2004 15:15:18
Message: <40e1bfc6@news.povray.org>
A Poem by Annie M. G. Schmidt (Het Luchtkasteel) inspired me to start a new
project. One of the details of the project is this tree on a cloud.
The cloud is a density field created with the cloud generator by Gilles Tran.
The tree is generated by the TomTree macros of Tom Aust. The leaves a textures
based on photographs of real leaves. Still, I think the gamma of the scene is a
bit too high. The leaves look rather unreal due to that. The roots are
effectively the same tree upside-down, without the leaves, different colour and
scaling to fit nicely in the cloud.
I wanted to render another image from the same detail with the camera moved a
bit higher. I also wanted to post a short movie where the camera moves around
the cloud, but this single render took 2h 46m so I decided to call it a day.

Anyway as usual your comments are highly appreciated. Remember that I plan this
island in the clouds to be a small part in a larger scene I'm working out
currently. I'm thinking of using a simpler texture for the leaves to speed up
the render. Next, to lay foundations for a castle in another cloud off to the
left.

--
Maurice

Post a reply to this message