POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW-2 (4x~90k) : Re: LOTW-2 (4x~90k) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 20:58:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW-2 (4x~90k)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 29 Jun 2004 04:39:01
Message: <40e12aa5@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> have made more closeup looks this time which poses additional problems
> (at low sun angles i regularly get completely shadowed images for example).

   I tried also low camera arrangements, but it requires a detail wich
exceeds the limits of my patience. So now I admire even more your
landscapes.

> So my idea is to render a set of images (maybe 10-20, something like a
> reasonable population size for an evolution strategy) in small size
> every week and have a public voting on them and use this vote for the
> ranking.  Then maybe render the highest rated image in larger, generate
> the next step population and start again.

   Wow, this is a serious project. I don't know if it will give better
results than tedious random trial&error, but sounds very interesting to
try if you have the time.

--
Jaime