POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A silly idea for motion blur ? : Re: A silly idea for motion blur ? Server Time
27 Jul 2024 22:31:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A silly idea for motion blur ?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 28 Jun 2004 08:35:11
Message: <40e0107f$1@news.povray.org>
> Did it perform well ?

	A "famous" example of it (Gilles Tran's "The wet bird" IRTC winner):

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2000-04-30/gt_city.jpg

	used for the caracter at the bottom-left corner of the image.

> Was there any problem ?

	Not that I was aware of, but I used it only rarely in simple
situations.

> Have you any pointer to more information ?

	The MegaPOV website for its 0.x series:
http://www.nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

> You mentioned "older" MegaPov: does it means it was not reported ? has-it
> been superceded by a better system ?

	AFAIK motion-blur should be re-implemented in one of the next
MegaPOV versions, but I'm not the best one to ask for details here.

	- NC