POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Tierra (LOTW) : Re: Tierra (LOTW) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tierra (LOTW)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Jun 2004 18:01:33
Message: <40df43bd$1@news.povray.org>
In article <40df4204@news.povray.org> , Jaime Vives Piqueres
<jai### [at] ignoranciaorg>  wrote:

>    Of course no! Any resemblance between images I post and the code I
> publish will be mere coincidence... :)

Ahhhhhh! :-)

>    I changed many things since then, so it will be imposible to render
> the same image, and I've not backed up the previous versions. But it
> must render landscapes very semblant to this one, as the main techniques
> have not changed too much.

Well, that is a problem for the artistically challenged like me ;-)  Still,
thank you very much for making it available!

>    My approach is surely very different from the ones by Christoph,
> Nathan and Zeger, and is not very well automated nor parametrized, but
> it's a very interesting project, so I hope to improve it and make it
> more usable (and even include a readme file too! :).

Still, in the end, I care more about optimising the isosurface code (also I
might as well tweak parsing speed first), so I do not "care" that much about
the image itself.  Effectively, once I find time for such experiments, after
rendering the same image twenty times or more, I cannot stand it any more
anyway.  Thus, easily creating variations for the next twenty tests will
indeed be useful :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde